Sunday 10 May 2009

Mick Gray gets an outing!


Well Summer must have arrived as my Mick Gray road bike got it's first ride of the year. I thought it would take me a while to get back in the swing of riding it again after using the Bob Jackson for so long. But I rode round the E21/25 course while Arthur rode the Maldon open and although the outer chain ring didn't get used I felt really comfortable on it, managing to fit in 17.5 miles before Arthur finished.


Hopefully riding laps round Welwyn athletics track whilst Arthur participates in Team Welwyns track training will get me a few more miles in the legs. I realised that there is less than 3 months to get fit before we go to Beurrieres in Auvergne and looking at Google Earth it looks rather hilly (read that as mountainous). I've ridden the MG around Brittany in the past but I'm rather glad that Bob has the gears I know I'll be needing. MG will be used to ride the Steeple club 10's and riding various courses on weekends so it won't be stuck in the garage missing the sunshine we're bound to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment